Monday, September 13, 2010

Homecoming








On Saturday Kelsey and her bestie Suddy went to homecoming, it was a long awaited event in these two girls lives. We have spent the last three weeks getting ready, dresses, shoes jewelry. These girls were so excited to be in high school and go to their very first dance, all the excitement got me pretty excited too! Saturday morning Kelsey grandma Amanda came and got the girls and took them to get nails and toes done, they came home and went on a day date to Trafalga, then we got them ready, hair and make up.
We knew that about a week before that Suddys date (my nephew) had found a new girl, he was liking someone else and I was so glad he kept his promise to her to still take her to the dance. While we were taking pics, her parents were being really rude, making rude comments about him and I was very upset, I couldn't believe the things they were saying about him, because he had not ditched out on her and was still taking her to the dance. When my sweet girls got home and I saw mascara streaming down the faces of my precious babies I realized that something had gone so wrong. Kelsey had nothing to say and her boyfriend was doing his best to comfort her. All of a sudden the whole group left our house except Suddy, and the tears started to flow, apparently the whole day she had tried to hold it all in, Steven had not paid any attention to her, not at the date, and not at the dance. He had been texting the other girl the WHOLE time, and the best part was they all had to leave the dance early so he could go get the other girl. He left Suddy at my house went and picked up the other girl and brought her back to my house! WOW! I was heart broken that I had been so upset about the things that Suddys parents had been saying when they were exactly right! He was a jerk!
The rest of the group sat and we talked about it, while Steven and the OTHER girl sat outside int he truck. Willey and Suddy had lots to say but my heart broken baby sat silent for over an hour while we discussed the situation, and everyone knows that is NOT at all like her! She was so torn between her best cousin and her best friend, so sad that her special night had been ruined, and most of all worried about the days yet to come. WHY, WHY, are boys such jerks, why do we make excuses for them, Oh they are boys, or oh teenage drama. I get that they are young, but they will soon be adults and as parents it is our job to teach them now how to act in the future. I really hope that Steven sees these are his three best friends and he owes them an apology, a big one he ruined all of their night!
Oh well, my baby was beautiful and so was Suddy I wish them the best at the next school dance there are many more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment